The Forklift Product Manager position communicates market expectations, design specifications and customer feedback to the HC Forklift factory and manages product improvement and new product introductions (NPI) projects. This position is expected to be the subject matter expert on specific products, as assigned, and be able to create and articulate technical materials to support sales, after sales, training and marketing projects and goals. This position will regularly report on new product development or existing product improvement projects to HCFA management in detail. Some domestic travel (<33%) will be required to visit key customers, provide regional training, attend events, etc. Must be willing and able to travel to the factory in China on occasion.
- Provide market feedback to HCFA Management and HC Factory for product improvement.
- Monitor and report on product competitiveness and changes in market trends.
- Monitor, research and communicate on regulatory compliance concerns.
- Create technical documents and presentations to support Sales, Marketing, and Training.
- Analyze pricing competitiveness and profitability by model.
- Investigate and communicate through the problem-solving process any quality concerns to our cross-functional team for permanent corrective resolution.
- Visit end-users and key account customers with the local HC Dealer for the voice of the customer process.
- Support other HCFA Departments such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Parts, and Training.
- Available for after-hour calls with the factory engineers as needed. The expectation is 2-4 times per month.
*Duties assigned in addition as required.
- Technical degree in a related field, or related experience.
- 8+ years of related technical experience specific to forklifts
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong regulatory compliance experience specific to ITSDF/ANSI B56.1, EPA, UL
- Knowledgeable of ITA (Industrial Truck Association) standards and terminology
- Knowledgeable across all ITA forklift Classes with an emphasis on electric products
- Experience with lithium-ion forklifts, batteries, and chargers is a plus
- Voice of the customer training and experience is a plus
- Must have a positive demeanor and represent HCFA in a professional manner.
- Current Forklift certification and able to maintain.
- This position is full-time at the HCFA office in Charlotte, NC. The candidate must be willing to commute daily to this office to work with HC colleagues. Relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate.
- Please do not apply unless you meet the job qualifications.
- Accountable and willing to take ownership of issues for resolution
- Customer service
- Excels in communication both written and verbal.
- Team building
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Computer literate: Microsoft Applications and cloud-based platforms
To apply, send an updated resume and cover letter to our HR and Office Manager, Adean Holloway.
Toll-Free: (888) 652-8395
Phone: (980) 332-4648
Fax: (980) 888-8336