The Battery Service Center Technician (BSC Tech) provides technical expertise for the diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of Lithium-Ion Batteries and Chargers. This position will provide a high level of communication with HCFA Staff, Dealers, and End Users about the diagnosis and repair of batteries and chargers that are in house, but will also communicate directly with dealer technicians to help diagnose issues in the field. The position will also act as a liaison between dealers and HCFA to communicate the needs and requirements of the dealer network. The BSC Tech will be relied on to also support other dealer operations such as the Parts Dept., Warranty Dept., and Technical Training as it relates to Batteries and Chargers. This position will regularly report service and technical issues to HCFA management with recommendations for resolution.
- Perform Diagnostics, Maintenance, and Repair of Lithium-Ion Batteries and Chargers
- Support dealer service technicians to diagnose battery and charger issue.
- Work directly with Hangcha and CATL Engineering to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Support dealer warranty concerns as needed.
- Provides parts and labor requirements for dealer quotations.
- Works directly with the Service Administrator to ensure that all parts and labor have been billed correctly.
- Works with Parts Department shipping team to ensure all batteries and chargers are banded securely and shipped to the dealer
- Maintain documentation and photo library on File Server for all batteries and chargers that are repaired
- Provide battery & charger training and product information to align with our dealer expectations.
- Coordinates support through communications with the Senior Service Reps and HCFA Management.
- Investigate and communicate through the problem-solving process and quality concerns to our cross-functional team for permanent corrective resolution.
- Participates in OSHA compliance; actively identifying and advocating improved safety for technicians.
- Support the Parts Department in research into correct part numbers and programming needs for BMU’s
- Support HCFA Battery Service Center Technicians in other locations
- *Duties assigned in addition as required.
- 5+ years of related technical field experience specific to forklifts
- 3+ years training dealers and employees in forklift mechanics, or 5+ years in mobile industrial equipment
- Must be experienced with the interaction and expectations of the Dealer/OEM service processes and policies.
- Must have a positive demeanor and represent HCFA in a professional manner.
- Current Forklift certification and able to maintain.
- This position works at an HCFA Location that has a Battery Service Center
- Please do not apply unless you meet the job qualifications. Automotive only experience does not apply to this position.
- Accountable and willing to take ownership of issues for resolution
- Customer service
- Excels in communication both written and verbal.
- Team building
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Computer literate: Microsoft Applications and cloud-based platforms
To apply, send an updated resume and cover letter to our HR and Office Manager, Adean Holloway.
Toll-Free: (888) 652-8395
Phone: (980) 332-4648
Fax: (980) 888-8336